Thursday, July 1, 2010

Introduction

Recently I was approached by Athenos Feta to become a spokesblogger for their product for a one month experiment. The experiment is to switch out my usual cheese in a salad for feta. I do tend to put some sort of cheese in my salads because I don't use creamy dressings but I try not to over do it because I like my salads as healthy as possible. So I was interested to learn that feta is naturally 30% lower in fat and calories than cheddar.


Follow me for the next month when I eat a salad with feta every day! Look for salad recipes, giveaways, and my thoughts on all of the cheese eating. Don't worry, I will still post a new, original non-feta recipe every Monday, Wednesday and Friday  on Coconut & Lime. I will also be sharing updates about my feta challenge  here a few times a week throughout July.


Please look for contests every Friday on Coconut & Lime and some "bonus" recipes featuring feta in hopefully new and exciting salads. Follow along with my journey with feta on this blog. I will post pictures of my salads and thoughts about the experiment a few times a week.  I am excited by the challenge of coming up with new and interesting salads to make with feta cheese. I like feta but I can't say it is a cheese that I eat on a super regular basis. That is going to change this month! In fact, I eating some in a simple green salad as I type.



The legal stuff: I have partnered with Athenos Feta to serve as one of ten Athenos Change for the Feta Bloggers. I am compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes blogging about my cooking experiences with Athenos Feta. I have also been compensated for the food purchased for my Change for the Feta – Summer Salad Month creations. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment